Forum Message

Topic: Cygnet Players are delighted to present the multi awardwinning Cole Porter musical, Kiss Me, Kate!
Posted by: Cygnet Players
Date/Time: 26/01/19 22:37:00

From Wednesday 20th to Saturday 23rd February 2019

At London Oratory School Theatre, Seagrave Road, London, SW6 1RX

Performances nightly at 7.45pm with a 2.00pm Saturday matinee

Tickets £18 (£16 concessions) can be bought from the Cygnet Players box office on 07941 448 689 or via www.cygnetplayers.com

Music and lyrics by Cole Porter | Book by Bella and Samuel Spewack

By arrangement with Musicscope and Stage Musicals Limited of New York

About the show

Set both on and off stage during the production of a musical version of The Taming of the Shrew, Kiss Me, Kate revolves around the tempestuous love lives of actor-manager Fred Graham, and his leading lady and ex-wife, Lilli Vanessi. Throw in Fred’s current love interest Lois Lane, her gambler boyfriend Bill, and a couple of gangsters who somehow get caught up in the show, and the stage is set for a funny and farcical battle of the sexes!

A delightful tribute to the glittering wit of Shakespeare, and an irresistible celebration of the pleasure and folly of working in theatre, Cole Porter’s witty, jazz-inflected score features hit after hit, with show-stopping numbers including ‘Another Op’nin’ Another Show’, ‘Brush Up Your Shakespeare’, ‘Always True To You In My Fashion’ and ‘Too Darn Hot.’

Forum Home